Metro-Memphis ranks 28th for growth rate of export related jobs.
- Large and growing export industries include machinery, chemicals, medical equipment & sporting goods, paper, business services, royalties and food.
- Medical equipment and HVAC equipment are products with particularly robust growth.
- Over 50% of all exports go to Canada, Mexico, Japan, The United Kingdom, China and Germany.
- FedEx and the World’s second largest cargo airport
- On-site airport customs facilities
- Three major highways
- Fourth largest inland river-port
- Five class-1 railroads